This question was asked on one of my LinkedIn groups, with over 300 responses!
Here’s a sampling of answers:
- “I once had a lady send me her resume which was 5 pages for 10 yrs of professional service and also included an additional 15 scanned pages of awards and accolades”
- Project “Mangers” that are “detailed-orientated”
- “…lack of attention to detail.”
- “The thing that drives me insane is when a degreed professional has miss spelled words and improper grammer in their resume.”
- “The most annoying–no, the word comical would be more accurate– thing to me is when people write their resumes in third-person voice: “Bob completes tasks completely and efficiently.’ Ok Bob, did you have an out-of-body experience when you wrote your resume?”
I have over 25,000 resumes in my database! I know what works, what grabs attention, and what pitfalls to avoid. Contact me for a free resume consult: fertig